Introducing you to the holiday bucket list in Scandinavia.
You can tick many of the items off your bucket list with a holiday in Scandinavia.
- See the northern lights
- Visit the Norwegian Fjords
- Drive your own husky team
- Whale watching
- Stay in an ice hotel
- Visit the Svalbard Archipelago
- Experience the midnight sun
- Stay on a private island in a traditional red timber cabin
- See a polar bear
So how many can you tick off under the northern lights?
- Drive a team of huskies across the Finnmark Plateau, Norway, sleeping in cabins once used by Sami reindeer herders from £1755 per person. http://simplysweden.co.uk/holiday/huskyexpedition_finnmark
- Sleep in rooms of snow and ice at -5C surrounded by elaborate ice art and ice sculptures from £865 per person. http://simplysweden.co.uk/icehotel
- Go whale watching in Tromsø off the northern tip of Whale Island from £950 per person. http://simplysweden.co.uk/holiday/whalewatching
- Take a cruise on the famous Hurtigruten Coastal Steamer through the dramatic fjords scenery of the Vesterålen and Lofoten archipelagos from £995 per person. http://simplysweden.co.uk/holiday/lofotenislands_winter
And how many can you do standing under the midnight sun?
- Whether covered in a blanket of snow, or bathed in sun at midnight the Norwegian fjords understandably on any bucket list. Visit the Malangen Fjord in the summer from £895 per person. http://simplysweden.co.uk/holiday/malangen_selfcatering
- A potential 5 in 1 holiday. Visit the Arctic tundra and the Svalbard archipelago, plus drive your own team of huskies on wheels from £930 per person. With a little luck you may also see beluga whales and a polar bear. http://simplysweden.co.uk/svalbard
- If you have ever dreamt of staying on a private island in a traditional red timber cabin this is for you. It’s not quite under the midnight sun but during the long summer days it doesn’t go dark. Escape – Swedish Style! from £1250 per person. http://simplysweden.co.uk/holiday/escape